California Paid Family Leave Grant
The Vista Chamber of Commerce is pleased to announce its partnership with California Paid Family Leave Grant (CPFLG). California Paid Family Leave (PFL) Grant Program awards grants to assist California's small businesses impacted by the Paid Family Leave (PFL) Program.
Businesses impacted by California's Paid Family Leave program will have:
- Increased costs such as training and upskilling existing staff to cover the duties of the employee on California's Paid Family Leave;
- Hiring and training additional staff to cover the duties of the employee on California's Paid Family Leave; and marketing, recruitment, and
- Other reasonably foreseeable training costs
The PFL Grant Program allows eligible small businesses in California with 1-100 employees with at least one (1) employee utilizing California's Paid Family Leave program to apply for grants up to $2,000 per employee to offset the increased costs associated with the employee out on leave.
About California's Paid Family Leave
California's Paid Family Leave program allows California workers to take paid leave to bond with a new child (through birth, adoption, or foster care) or to care for a seriously ill family member. Beginning July 1, 2020, this paid leave expanded from six (6) to eight (8) weeks. California's Paid Family Leave program also expanded the twelve (12) week non-paid protected leave to all businesses, regardless of business size.
- Small businesses in California with 1-100 employees who have at least one (1) employee utilizing California’s Paid Family Leave program (on or after June 1, 2022)
- Businesses must be registered to do business in the State of California
- Be in active status with the California Secretary of State’s Office;
- Have an active California Employer Account Number (CEAN) under which their employees are listed for payroll
NOTE: Small businesses utilizing a Professional Employer Organization (PEO) for payroll services are not eligible to participate.
Paid Family Leave Grant Amounts:
- Businesses with 51-100 employees may receive up to $1,000 per employee utilizing Paid Family Leave.
- Businesses with 1-50 employees may receive up to $2,000 per employee utilizing Paid Family Leave.